Thursday, February 10, 2005

Social Security

Did you see Karl Rove on FoxNews yesterday? Sean Hannity asked him about the president’s plans to privatize Social Security. Karl Rove, without blinking said I, Bill Clinton was the one, who first came to the conclusion that Social Security was in crisis and needed reform. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

So that’s the reason for the president’s call “Hi Bill, I admire you very much. I love the work you’re doing. So does Laura. I would like to ask you for a favor. Would you like to help me ask for donations to help the victims of the Tsunami?”

I’m a fool. I fell for the gimmick. I thought he was honoring a former president. He was trying to shut me up. Now he’s using me to sell his hard right private retirement accounts plans to the middle classes of this country.

It’s almost like there are two George Bush’s. One friendly and nice. One a cold hearted calculator.

There is a poem I learned in elementary school. I forgot how it goes exactly and I forgot the title of the poem or who wrote it. I love the poem, so if you know the name or the name of the writer, please e-mail me.

At sunrise, a girl went out for a walk, sitting on top of a tiger. She had a smile on her face.
At sunset, the tiger returned. He had a smile on his face.