Thursday, January 27, 2005

Palm Beach Florida Trump Wedding

I'm in Davos, Switzerland, at the World Economic Forum. I can’t sleep. I wake up at noon usually, when I'm home. If it wasn’t for Bobbi knocking on the door, I’d probably sleep till 4. If one of the secret service agents knocks on the door and I don’t reply, they get back in the car and wait. Bobbi used to have a key, but Hillary asked her to give it back when they had a fight when I was recovering from my heart surgery.

There is no real reason to get up. I’m not going anywhere. I just sit around looking at the snow in the garden. I’m glad Hillary is working. What would our lives look like with two people without a thing to do. We’d probably end up bickering like that couple played by Elisabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

Hillary would win. I’d probably end up locking myself in my barn office to get away from her.

I was at Donald Trump’s wedding Saturday. Well not at the wedding itself, but at the reception at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach. It’s a beautiful place. It used to be a private home. It’s a private gentlemen’s club now. Donald owns it. I had a good time. I was glad to be doing something. I gave the couple a small trinket I bought at Tiffany’s. It wasn’t my choice, but that’s where they had their list. Everything on the list was expensive. 200 dollar tea spoons. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Maybe it’s the years of poverty, but 200 dollars buys you a car, not a spoon. If somebody gave me a 200 dollar spoon, I wouldn’t know what to do with it.

The food was pretty good. They had what they called a “Bounty of the Sea” buffet. You had to get your own dish. Which was ok with me. I love fried fish. I ate too much. I always eat too much at parties.

The other guests were all happy and laughing. I had a wonderful time. I just wish some people would curtail their cocktail intake. Katie Couric and Richard Chamberlain had words. She began shouting at him. Richard, whom I adore sought my help, but I’m not getting in the way of a tipsy 46 year old woman, who is accustomed to getting her way. Donald had to intervene and calm down the situation.

Melania and Katie had words too. I didn’t understand their problem. Barbara Walters said something about a camera in a lipstick, but she was pretty much gone by that time. I just smiled and left her at the first opportunity I got. I went back to the buffet.