Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Diet

I'm in a good mood. In spite of Curly staying at our house for the past two days. I don't know whether Chelsea's relationship with him is coming or going or just floating around.

Curly is getting lazy. He isn't offering Hillary to help do the dishes anymore. He used to. As a result Hillary has stopped washing the dishes when he is at our house, like she used to do.

He also seems to have developped some sort of hearing problem. When I ask him something about his job or income or prospects, all I get back is Huh? or a dumb stare. I thought I had left those kinds of reactions behind when Chelsea grew out of her teens.

Curly and me, we don't get along. At Christmas dinner time I made sure he was sitting as far away from me as possible. This didn't stop him from raising his voice and trying to talk to me all through dinner, annoying everybody else trying to have a civilized family get together.

I have to laugh though. My favorite aunt, she's in her late eighties, said to me after dinner: That young man my niece brought to dinner has no manners. Which I agree with, but Chelsea seems to be happy with him. What can I do?

Well anyway, I can't be bothered with it. You know what's on my mind right now? Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, fried catfish and Coca Cola.

Let me be honest with you about something. People might think, and they tell me, well food cluttered your arteries, the wrong kinds of food almost killed you, you must be really careful with what you want to eat now, right?

The answer is yes and no. Yes, I am careful with what I eat. No, because I want to eat all those things that brought my situation about. Fast food almost killed me, but still here I am, what time is it? Early in the morning and all I can think of is fast food.

If you have a loved one, who had heart by-pass operation, please keep an eye on their diet. The temptation is incredible.