Monday, September 06, 2004

Hospital New York

I will have surgery in a few minutes. I checked my last will and testament. I signed the papers pertaining to organ donation. I'm ready.

No not really, I'm just trying not to think about it. The nurse shaved my chest an hour ago. I said bye to Hil. I said bye to Chelsea and Curly yesterday. Curly seemed genuinely sad to see me this way. Maybe he's a good guy after all. Although he still doesn't deserve my beautiful little girl. But she'll need all the support she can get if anything happens to me. I haven't seen Roger yet. I'm disappointed in him. Maybe he doesn't know about the surgery.

There was something I was going to say, but I can't remember what it was.

I asked Bobbi to keep this diary going to keep you informed during the next few days when I'm too weak to write myself.

I appreciate the well wishes and the stories you all wrote me. I appreciate them very much.

If I don't make it, I wish you all a long and happy life.

I see a nurse with a huge syringe walking my way. This is it.

Pray for me.