Sunday, July 18, 2004

Visit Paris France

The international part of my book tour is over. I'm back home. The last part of my American tour will begin in a few days.

It was wonderful in Paris. I met interesting people, I ate interesting food, I saw interesting thing. Everything they say about Paris is true. It must be the most beautiful city in the world. Especially at night.

Me and Bobbi took a stroll in the dark one night. We saw the most amazing views imaginable. We ate at a little bistro. We saw a late night movie. It was so romantic. I wish Hillary was here.

We walked next to the Seine, but that isn't what it's made out to be. Paris is as big as New York. To relieve the congestion on the roads, they built a highway over the Seine. It's only at a few designated places that you can see couples arm in arm walking along the river, enjoying the silence.

The movie I saw late at nigh at this small inner-city cinema was amazing. It was a cowboy movie called Once Upon a Time in the West. Sergio Leone, who also made the spaghetti westerns with Clint Eastwood directed it. It stars Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson. Henry Fonda is one of my favorite actors. In this movie he's the villain. The first time you see him, he kills a kid. On purpose. They told me this movie has been playing in this cinema since the first show in 1966. Can you imagine that? I can. It's the best cowboy movie I've ever seen.

You cannot visit Paris without going to the cabaret. The one where they keep their clothes on. They gave a great show. I enjoyed myself very much. I bought a few presents, which is very hard to do. The French don't speak English. I thought Bobbi might be able to talk to them, since she's French-American, what else could you be with a name like Lamoon. She told me her family had been in America pre-Civil War, so she wasn't much help. She told me she did speak Spanish, but most Americans do nowadays. This obviously didn't stop me from constantly asking her "Could you translate that for me?" "I don't speak French." was her answer. I had a good laugh teasing her like that.

I was talking about the presents. I bought Hillary French wine, I bought Chelsea a painting for her new apartment and I bought the mongoose a silk tie and a book about British feminism. I bought the book in an English language bookstore I came across, run by an American. I had a great time in Europe. Although Bobbi was a great joy to have around, I wish Hillary could be here with me. But I know she's busy with her career. So be it.