Sunday, July 11, 2004

Visit Hamburg Germany

Book signing event today:

July 11, 2004 Berlin Book Signing Dussman Book Store 7:00 p.m.

Bill Clinton in the media:

Berlin, Germany
TV Interview with Alexander Privatera, SAT-1
TV Interview with ORF-TV (Austria)
Print Interview with SUDDEUTSCHE ZEITUNG
Print Interview with Facts (Swiss)
TV Interview with The Christiansen Show

I was in Hamburg yesterday. There isn't much I can say about Hamburg except that it's a big harbor town with a lot of industry.

I'm in Berlin right now. I was hoping to go to the opera later tonight after the book signing session. I've always wanted to see an opera by Richard Wagner in its homeland. If you have never heard any opera by Wagner, you really miss something. The Ride of the Valkyries is one of my favorites. Tadadatata...tatadatata. Wagner's music is very bombastic.

Just like Berlin. The city, with its large buildings and arches was built to impress visitors. It's totally unlike the rest of Germany, which is a middle class egalitarian society.

I don't know whether I'll have the chance to go to the opera today, because it's Sunday and in Germany by law, most businesses must close on this day. It's a very religious society in this respect.

I haven't asked her yet, but I think I'll take Bobbi with me to the opera. I don't think she cares much for opera or Wagner, but there has to be a first time for everything. I tried to instill some love for the opera in Chelsea, but I failed miserably. Well, maybe Bobbi will like it and I don't want to go alone.

If you're in Berlin, I hope to see you at the book signing session tonight. Auf wieder sehen.

Tomorrow Bill Clinton will be in London for both a book signing session and media interviews.