Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Visit Berkeley and San Jose California

Book signing event today:

June 29, 2004 Cody's Books 2454 Telegraph Avenue Berkeley 12:00 p.m.

June 29, 2004 Barnes & Noble 3600 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose 8:30 p.m.

I still have problems typing this internet diary. My publicist's assistant, Bobbi Lamoon and and it's her laptop I'm using right now, said if I wrote my entries longhand, she'd type them on the computer for me. I declined the offer. I know myself. If I know she's reading my entries, I know I will hold back on the stories. That would reduce the diary effect. I always try to do my work as best as I can.

I had a great time signing books yesterday. The old Ferry building is a beautiful building. The atmosphere here in San Francisco is awesome. It's no surprise that the Peace and Love movement started here. This place is all about peace and love.

I talked to senator Kerry. We discussed his campaign and my role in it. I'll be speaking at the convention and I'll be fundraising and traveling around the country to get out the vote. We also discussed Michael Moore's possible role in the campaign. I think Kerry is worried Michael Moore is outstaying him. I have this feeling, Kerry is a bit paranoid, not just about Michael Moore's sudden popularity with liberals, but also my commitment to him. It's the old Hillary is running in '08 theory.

I completely agree with Kerry's policies. The problem is the salesman. I don't want to criticize our candidate, but he isn't a natural. At politics I mean. He has to work hard to get his point across. I'm afraid Kerry is more like a Gray Davis than a Kennedy. A great administrator, but a flawed politician.

Kerry needs all the help we could give him. That means not just me, but all Democrats from all over the country. If you agree with his policies and don't want his message to be derailed by the Republican election machine, you will have to help out. Donate time or donate money. This election is not about two men vying for the presidency. It's about two different policy platforms. If you had enough of more of the same, do something. You're not investing in John Kerry, you're investing in your future, your life.

There are two book-signing events today. My arm hurts sometimes, but the happiness of the people who bought the book makes me forget the pain. It doesn't hurt too much, but the pain is aggravated by my back problems. After this tour I'll have to do something about it.

If you're nearby, come by and say hi. To the rest of you, have a good day. I hope to see you soon.