Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Trip to Washington State

Book signing event today:

June 30, 2004 Costco 1801 10th Avenue NW Issaquah, WA 1:00 p.m.

June 30, 2004 Elliott Bay Book Co. 101 S. Main Street Seattle, WA 8:00 p.m.

It was a very busy day. I had a great time meeting with the people from all over the Bay area. It felt good to talk to people and to hear what's going on in their lives. I want to thank all of the people of California for the special reception they've given me. A great day, but I'm very tired. I'm about to go to sleep right now. We're going to Washington State tomorrow. I hope to meet you all there.

I have received many e-mails from people, who didn't get the chance to have their book signed by me. As I said before on this book tour diary, I'll be traveling all over the country after my book tour to help with the election campaigns of local Democratic candidates. Feel free to bring the book, if you are at one of these events and I'll be happy to sign it for you.

It's impossible for me to sign all books, which have been sold. Almost 2.5 million copies have been sold. I understand some of your disappointment for not being able to get a signature, but remember why you bought the book. You bought it for the content, not for the signature. I hope.

I'm looking forward to my visit to the North West. I am happy to give something back for all the support this area gave me all through my presidency. And who knows, maybe even Big Foot will be standing in line waiting for an autograph. I'll bring my camera.