Saturday, June 12, 2004

Remembering Ronald Reagan

It was a beautiful funeral befitting a great president. You must be some guy to have so many Americans mourning you. It made me think abut myself. I could've been a great president. Reagan made our country great again by strengthening the military and defeating the Evil Empire. I made our country great by doubling the national income and providing jobs to groups of people who traditionally had trouble finding jobs, like minorities, women, the handicapped. I made the middle class richer than ever. The stock market hit new highs. We left Europe, Japan and even the much feared China behind us economically. I could've been great. But I gave it all up for a few moments of scoundrelous behavior. People will forget the good I did. They will only remember my moments of weakness. I could've been great. I could've had a funeral like president Reagan. I could've had the same outpouring of sadness. You only have one life. I had the great luck to be president. It's not many people who get the chance to be president. I threw it all away. I have to live with that for the rest of my life. Last night I wept in bed. Silently, because I didn't want to disturb Hillary. How could I have been so stupid? So stupid, stupid!