Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I woke up this morning. Looked to my right. Thank God Hillary's in Washington. I really don't have the stomach to be with her today. I'm in that mood where I just want to be left alone. I got up and went downstairs. Didn't even bother with a bathrobe.

Hey you know what song was on the radio when I turned it on? "Only a fool breaks his own heart". Love that song. Well I made coffee, looked through the papers. I took one look at the Arkansas Gazette and threw it to the side. Small time politics, small town living, it used to be everything for me, but now I only get tired of the small mindedness of small town folks. A robbery here, not enough money for schools there, a drunk diver causes an accident, haggling about a pothole. It's life, but geez, get over it.

The NYT and the WP had nothing interesting on the front page. To be honest. I didn't really care for news today. I just want to sit on the couch and watch TV. That's what I've been doing. Thank God my book's finished.