Monday, June 07, 2004

Curly must go

Curly must go! I suspected he was a weasel. Now I know for sure. Yesterday Chelsea asked him something and he ignored her. Is that how a guy who is supposed to be in love with my daughter and who wants to spend the rest of his life with her reacts? He should be all over her. Maybe it isn't her he's after, but me and Hillary. I think he's fooling her. He also drank three glasses of wine during dinner. Three glasses of my expensive French wine. After that he, as usual offered to help Hillary with the dishes. The first time he offered this Hillary was caught off guard. She hadn't washed anything in years. We have a housekeeper. Hillary, being the woman she is took it in her stride and washed the dishes as she took the measure of curly boy. This forces me to be alone with Chelsea. Very awkward. We resorted to talking about the meat we ate during dinner. We weren't sure whether Hillary had cooked roast beef or chicken. No, I've made up my mind. By God, curly, I'll run you out of this family even if it's the last thing I do.

I've gotten a few e-mails from readers who asked about my choice of drinking a whole bottle of Californian wine. They asked me if I had forgotten that president Reagan's much hated ex-wife Jane Wyman played a vineyard owner in the hit TV series Falcon Crest. I had forgotten this fact. I loved Falcon Crest. I missed the last 4 seasons. I hope to catch them on rerun or DVD. The only reason I drank the bottle of Californian wine was because Reagan was the governor of California. No other reason. I hope all of you follow my example. That is how Irishmen mourn their dead. We drink and toast and sing and laugh and cry and remember the dead.